Indonesian curried cauliflower
Chef Micah Rideout, Tarakaan Bistro and Lounge
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Wash cauliflower.
- Remove core and cut into one inch thick slices.
- Sear cauliflower in oil on medium heat until brown on all sides, preferably in cast iron skillet (not a non-stick pan).
Ingredients for curry sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweet soy sauce
- Toast spices in a pan until fragrant and add coconut milk and sweet soy sauce.
- Stir and reserve to the side.
Ingredients for Pickled Raisins
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed cashews
- Heat sugar and vinegar until dissolved and pour mixture over raisin and allow to cool.
- Sear cauliflower in a pan on medium heat and brown on all sides.
- Add curry sauce mixture.
- Cook until cauliflower is fragrant and just cooked (al dente).
- Arrange Cauliflower on a plate and spoon curry sauce over.
- Sprinkle with pickled raisins, crushed cashew nuts and light dusting of spices.
- Serve and share.