HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Cody Johnson will be replacing the band Old Dominion on Wednesday, March 8 at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ after the group had to cancel following a death in the family.
“Cody Johnson will be a great addition to our 2017 RODEOHOUSTON lineup,” said Joel Cowley, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ president and chief executive officer. “We welcome this talented Texas singer to our stage as we honor the men and women of our military on Armed Forces Appreciation Day.”
Tickets previously purchased for the March 8 RODEOHOUSTON performance are still valid and refunds will be available to the original ticket purchaser if requested before March 8 at 8 a.m.
The group Old Dominion will not perform at RODEOHOUSTON® on Wednesday, March 8 as scheduled following the death of a band member’s relative.
“Our hearts go out to the members of Old Dominion,” said Cowley on Monday morning. “They have lost an immediate family member of the band and respectfully canceled their appearance to allow time to mourn. We understand and support their decision.”
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which begins on Tuesday, March 7 and ends on March 26, released the following statement related to refunds for the March 8 show:
RODEOHOUSTON® Refund Procedures for the Wednesday, March 8, 2017, performance
Upon request and per the guidelines below, refunds will be given to the original purchaser of tickets purchased between Jan. 9, 1 a.m., and March 6, 10 a.m., at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ Ticket Office or NRG Park Box Office; or online at AXS.com or rodeohouston.com.
Refunds must be requested before 8 a.m., Wednesday, March 8.
For tickets purchased from rodeohouston.com, hlsr.com or axs.com:
- The original purchaser must call 855.239.7207.
- The full purchase amount, including service fees, will be refunded to the credit card used to purchase the tickets.
For tickets purchased at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Ticket Office or the NRG Park Box Office:
- The original purchaser may request a refund by phone at 832.667.1080 or in person at the Show’s TicketWindows, located on the second floor of NRG Center.
- For tickets purchased with a credit card, the full purchase amount will be returned to the card used to purchase the tickets.
- For tickets purchased with cash or check, cash will be refunded to the original purchaser. Cash refunds will be handled in person only at the Show’s Ticket Office.
Refunds will not be issued for:
- Season Tickets;
- tickets scanned for entrance to NRG Park on March 8;
- tickets purchased before Jan. 9, 1 a.m.;
- tickets purchased after 10 a.m., Monday, March 6;
- or any tickets purchased from any entity other than rodeohouston.com, hlsr.com, or AXS.com, or at one of the two box offices listed above.
Once a refund is issued, the original tickets will not be valid for admission and the barcode will be de-activated.
If a refund is not requested, the original ticket, regardless of the entertainer name on the ticket, will be valid for admission.