BACK-TO-SCHOOL HEALTH FAIR -
BakerRipley Back to School Health Fair
· BakerRipley, formerly Neighborhood Centers, brings resources, education and connection to nearly 600,000 people throughout Texas each year.
· For more than a century, BakerRipley has offered comprehensive community-based programs for people at every stage of life – from infants to seniors.
· The organization works with residents of emerging communities in 70 service locations
· BakerRipley helps individuals discover the strengths and skills necessary to become productive, prosperous and self-sufficient.
· We do this in different ways- we connect people to jobs, connect them with opportunities to grow or start their own business, support them during their immigration process, civically engage them, provide educational opportunities for the entire families, supporting seniors and their caregivers—are just a few of the ways we connect individuals to opportunity.
· Every year with the help of our partners, we host a series of back to school health fairs for families and their children- this year we are hosting our health fairs Saturday August 5th starting at 8am at 4 of our community centers- Baker- Ripley, Cleveland-Ripley, Harbach-Ripley and Ripley-House.
· We understand there’s a growing need for affordable and accessible health care services in underserved communities around Houston.
· We want to make sure our families are connected to resources and that their children have everything they need in order to get back to school.
· We partner with local clinics and medical services so that our families may meet and have direct contact with medical professionals in their own neighborhood.
· Families can take advantage of free health screenings, immunizations and also have the opportunity to learn about how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
· We’ll also have fresh produce distribution thanks to the Houston Food Bank.
· Thanks to our partners Chevron and Aramark we are able to provide our families with school supplies as well as uniforms on a first come first serve basis.
Important Tips for those planning on attending:
· Arrive early
· School supplies and uniforms are on a first come first serve basis.
· Families are asked to bring their children in order to get supplies and uniforms
· Bring uniform sizes for all the children
About After School Program
· Our after school program provides students with homework support, creative activities and leadership development.
· It includes a snack and also transportation from a select number of schools near the community centers where we offer the program
· Cost: BakerRipley members pay 220 per month
· If parents sign up before august 1st, the first week of the program is free
· For those who are signed up for the after school program, we also offer care for spring break and winter vacation as part of the program.