KRIV FOX 26 and KTXH MY 20 - Houston Posted Dec. 22, 2016
The following represents brief descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of each position.
Producer Full Time Regular
KRIV-TV, the Fox O&O in Houston, TX is seeking a dynamic and creative Producer to join our innovative morning news team. You’ll be expected to have complete line producing skills including: writing and editing, developing a rundown, creating graphics as well as video editing. Our producer must be a strong communicator, able to give direction as well as be a collaborator. You must have strong control room skills and be able to write accurately and quickly particularly in breaking news situations. Must fully participate in the editorial process that leads to story development and work with reporters to bring their stories to air. You may be required to perform other duties including but not limited to: field producing and special projects. Excellent people skills as well as a passion for the news are required.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Two to three (3) years' experience as a Line Producer in a medium to major television market is required. Thorough knowledge of social media and how to manage social media engagement. Must have exceptional editorial judgment; strong writing, copy editing, and video editing skills. Must be innovative, finding new ways to present information in a creative and compelling manner. Must be able to work under pressure and strict deadlines. Ideal candidate must be able to use newsroom computer systems ( AVID iNews and AVID search preferred) , video editing and graphics programs. Must be willing to work all shifts including overnight, mornings, dayside, evenings and weekends. Must have a valid credit card and driver's license.
Reporter Full Time Regular
KRIV-TV, the Fox O&O in Houston, TX is seeking a Reporter to join our news team with the ability to enterprise unique stories as well as cover hard news. Strong live skills are required. In addition, this reporter must be able to shoot, write and edit as required. Candidate must have proven presence on social media. In addition to exhibiting a high degree of emotional intelligence, the candidate must demonstrated ability to develop and nurture a natural connection to people and the community.
You must be a self-starter with a great attitude and a desire to win. We require that you are able to work independently in a high pressure, fast paced environment, gathering information to discern the news worthiness of events. You will research thoroughly, write clearly, and deliver content in a manner appropriate for television broadcasting, online and social media. These platforms require the reporter to shoot, write and edit video and present finished stories in a professional and engaging manner. In addition, this individual will be responsible for gathering news materials, interviewing people, both on and off camera, preparing and presenting packages/reports either live or on tape. Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
Four year college degree required, with emphasis in Journalism or Communications preferred. Prefer a minimum of five years’ experience at a local television broadcast media outlet as a reporter producing and delivering local content. Must have excellent editorial judgment and have the ability to produce content on all newsroom platforms, including television, online, and social media. Must have strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and interviewees. Must have a valid credit card and driver's license.
Associate Producer Full Time Regular
KRIV-TV, the Fox O&O in Houston, TX, is seeking an Associate Producer to join our news team. Responsibilities include writing stories and teases, editing video, and creating graphics and supers for newscasts, Fox26Houston.com and social media platforms. The position works closely with producers to help develop and format newscasts and communicates continuously with Reporters, Photographers, Assignment Desk, Managers and other applicable employees or outside sources regarding story developments and changes. Must possess the ability to write stories for on air newscasts, Fox26Houston.com, and create written and visual content for social media platforms in coordination with producers and managers. Facilitate communication during newscasts regarding live shots and story development. Associate Producers must have the ability to overcome anticipated and unexpected changes when putting together newscasts. Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. One  to Two  years’ experience as a TV Newscast Associate Producer or Producer in a small to medium to major television market or equivalent preferred. Ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and be willing to work any work shift, as needed. Strong knowledge of legal and ethical parameters for mass media is essential. Strong working knowledge of the technical aspects of television news production required, including digital and web-based newsgathering tools. Ideal candidate must be able to use newsroom computer systems, including AVID iNews and AVID search, editing and graphics programs.
Senior Executive Producer Full Time Regular
Fox 26 KRIV, the Fox O&O in Houston, TX is seeking a Senior Executive Producer to join our news team Oversees the coordination of the News programming department’s day-to-day operations by performing the following duties:
- Execute and enhance the vision and philosophy of news management.
- Oversee all aspects of content gathering, execution and production values across multiple platforms.
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to conceive and bring to fruition compelling content in a compelling presentation style.
- A “Show Doctor”
- Primary responsibility is to oversee the creation of timely and compelling content for all news and information platforms.
- Ensures News and information is balanced and content is clear and understandable, and that all of our News products meet the requirements of fairness and accuracy.
- Responsible for the production quality of all television newscasts.
- Ability to recruit great talent.
- Great coach and motivator of people.
- Responsible for creation of a newsroom plan for special journalism stories and projects all year, with emphasis in the traditional ratings periods, including live and/or taped coverage either in the field or in house for various Station specials.
- Responsible for innovating our product on all platforms, with the goal of being the market leader in fresh ideas.
- Must consistently review all media platforms to ensure objectives are attained.
- Must attend all editorial meetings during shift.
- Partner with the Marketing department to strategize promotional opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The candidate must have a positive attitude, drive for excellence, integrity and strong teamwork and leadership skills. We are looking for someone who will take the initiative and has a competitive spirit and wants to win. Must be able to solve problems and make decisions. Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience producing on a local or national news broadcast, management experience preferred. Must be flexible and able to handle pressure and meet deadlines. Working knowledge of libel laws and journalistic ethics is a plus. Knowledge of and proficiency in newsroom computer systems and social media preferred.
Senior Producer Full Time Regular
Fox 26 KRIV, the Fox O&O in Houston, TX is seeking a Senior Producer to join our news team. This candidate will be responsible for oversight of the daily production of multiple newscasts. Key responsibilities and duties include bur are not limited to:
- Responsible for the final product on all news and information platforms being used during the assigned work shift.
- Responsible for editorial decisions and/or changes made in the control room while the newscast is on the air.
- Communicates via IFB to provide producer direction and talent instruction, as well as to crews in the field and in the studio.
- Responsible for the production of stories-everything from setting up the story, to interviews, to writing and editing features, and coordinating graphics.
- Coordinate with digital journalists to promote coverage for online and on-air.
- Supervise and oversee the associate producers assigned to the shift. Assign writing ideas to Associate Producers. Edit Associate Producer scripts and provide feedback.
- Coordinate the inclusion of scripts and video to produce a coherent report
- Work with reporters to develop story scripts. Edit reporter scripts and provide feedback. Assign voiceovers and VO-SOTs to reporters and anchors. Via phone, and in person work with on-air staff to assist with story development and/or story support.
- Must have command of the company provided tools to make on-air graphics for stories in newscast.
- Work with field crews to manage stories, provide graphics support, video and logistical support.
- Download and edit video for newscasts – coordinate with ENG for Satellite feeds.
- Work closely with assignment desk to coordinate live shots and reporter & photographer assignments.
- Maintain open communication with News Director and all station personnel to efficiently, respectfully and professionally complete news assignments.
- Attend and participate in department meetings. Provide suggestions for news related stories and participate in post-production critiques.
- Constantly moves throughout the station to coordinate work requirements and production related activities.
- Constantly uses verbal, audible, and visual abilities to perform essential functions. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Constantly operates PC to complete required news items and related materials. Requires fine motor skills.
- Regularly receives and distributes information and instructions, via telephone, e-mail and memo to station personnel.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience producing on a local or national news broadcast, management experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of social media and how to manage social media engagement. Must possess a superior command of grammar and broadcast news-writing style. Must have exceptional editorial judgment; strong writing, copy editing, and video editing skills. Must be innovative, finding new ways to present information in a creative and compelling manner. Must be able to work under pressure and strict deadlines. Ideal candidate must be able to use newsroom computer systems, including AVID iNews and AVID search, video editing and graphics programs. The candidate must have a positive attitude, drive for excellence, integrity and strong teamwork and leadership skills. We are looking for someone who will take the initiative and has a competitive spirit and wants to win. Must be able to solve problems and make decisions. Must be flexible and able to handle pressure and meet deadlines. Working knowledge of libel laws and journalistic ethics is a plus.
Producer shift schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department. It is an essential part of the producer’s job to be willing to adjust hours to meet the fluctuating demands of a news team in a competitive market. If special events fall on a producer’s day off they may be required to participate if requested. Varied hours may also be required based on the needs of the department.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To apply online for one or more of our open positions, click here.
To review a list of and to apply online for job opportunities available at Fox Stations Sales, including the FTS Sales Training Program, click here.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please send an email to email@example.com, call 713-479-2720, or visit our readily accessible station located at 4261 Southwest Freeway, Houston TX 77027, and a member of our recruiting team will assist you.
Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refer job seekers to employers may request KRIV/KTXH to provide them with information about full-time openings at the station. Such requests must include the organization's name, mailing address, e-mail address if applicable, telephone number and contact person, and identify the category or categories of job openings for which it requests notices. Requests should be directed to Director of Human Resources, KRIV/KTXH 4261 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77027. We appreciate your organization's help in publicizing our job openings! KRIV/KTXH is an equal opportunity employer.
For opportunities at other 21st Century Fox companies, please visit http://www.21cf.com/careers.
KRIV/KTXH Annual EEO Public File - 2015 (PDF File)